/plain & purple

2.09.2015

 This winter, I've been laying back with some simple, useful projects that I've been wanting to put together for a while. There is a good amount of random yarn and not-so-random fabric in my sewing room, neglected and crying out to be used. So loudly. So, while I wait for clients' fabric and apron materials (SO MUCH WAITING!) to arrive, I'm slowly crossing things off that list.


Let's get this out of the way: I'm way into making pom poms. Check out this wreath I made a couple months ago! You can crank out hoards of poms while catching up on TV shows, and trimming them is almost as satisfying as shaping overgrown hedges. They're just fun. And they make make even the most plain hats happy and jaunty! Case in point: The Purl Bee's Classic Cuffed Hat

I bought this yarn (Cascade 220 wool in mystic purple) on sale a couple years ago, because the color was so irresistibly pretty- these photos don't do it justice! It needed a plain pattern to showcase the color, so I think this pairing worked. Obviously, the kicker was that it wouldn't be complete without a pom!

Here's the Ravelry project page if you're interested, I'd love it if you'd be my Ravelry bud!


Yeah, so I know my outfit can't make up its mind here- bare ankles and a winter hat? Spring-y stripes and a sweater knit (but cotton) sweatshirt? Such is the weather in northwest right now, which seriously cannot make up its mind. But I love a simple two-piece outfit just as much as crazy layering, so I think I live in the right temperate place!

How's everyone else coming along on their to-make lists? I've noticed a lot of new year, refreshed productivity with many of you sewing & knitting ladies. Totally inspiring. I'd better get back to it while I still have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.